We're a friendly BIA with members that support one another. If you're new to the area or aren't yet caught up, be sure to go through the following checklist when you have a few minutes:
- Fill out your Directory Page with your information (5-10 minutes).
- Submit a banner ad of your business for inclusion on this website (2-5 minutes).
- Add us to your Social Media accounts. (1-3 minutes)
- Email us and say Hello. We'd love to come and meet you.
- Ask us about accepting MPV Dollars. Whenever the BIA offers MPV dollars in draws or promotions, recipients use their MPV dollars at any of the listed locations. The BIA reimburses you, the merchant the full 100% value of the amount spent.
- ONGOING - Whenever you have an anniversary, job posting, special promotion, space for lease, etc... let us know! We'll promote it for you.
As a member of the Mount Pleasant Village BIA, you are entitled to certain perks and initiatives.
Members are commercial property owners or businesses within commercially zoned spaces within the BIA's boundaries. Membership is automatic by virtue of location, and applied evenly to all spaces according to the value of their property assessment relative to the total property assessment for the entire BIA.
Your membership is paid for in the form of a levy applied to the property tax bill sent out each year. The property owner will either pass that fee along to the tenant, pay it in full, or share in the cost. Having said that, there are no other fees for membership. There may be opportunities for premium benefits, but these are strictly optional.
All of the following benefits are at no charge to members, unless otherwise noted:
- You get a vote! Every year, the BIA organizes an annual general meeting where members are invited to come and find out more about the BIA's initiatives, vote on the following year's budget, and other matters. It's also a great way to meet future clients!
- You get your own directory page. This allows your business to list your relevant contact information, a picture of the business, a description of the business, and more.
- Get your business promoted on the front page of this website. Additional exposure for your events and promotions. Just email us the details.
- Access to the members' section on the website. This section features news from the BIA, news from the City of Toronto, and news from fellow merchants. You may also register and participate in the discussion, ask questions and meet neighbouring business owners.
- Benefit from BIA initiatives. We try to regularly schedule workshops for members who are interested in learning more about Twitter, Facebook, and Google Business. Other initiatives include streetscape improvements and beautification.
- We have several events every year which bring additional traffic to the area. As a member, your participation is automatic so there are no additional fees required for basic participation. These events are your opportunity to engage even more with the local community as well as new shoppers from outside the area.
- You are eligible to participate in co-marketing initiatives (ie., TTC signage). As a BIA, we are able to get a small discount, which we then pass on to our members.
- Access to a helping hand. If you have questions about the neighbourhood, or municipal initiatives and bylaws, check with Keven.